Halcyon™ MULTI-ROOM SYSTEMS Features Explanation
Auto Louver: Up/Down
- Redirects airflow automatically with seven position up and down motion which can be set to auto swing.
Auto Louver: 4 Way
- Redirects airflow automatically with up/down and left/right motion.
Automatic air flow adjustment
- The micro-computer automatically adjusts the air flow effectively to follow the changes of room temperature.
Auto Changeover (heating to cooling or vice-versa)
- Automatically alternates between heating or cooling if the room temperature falls 4 ̊F below the set temperature when cooling or rises 4 ̊F above set temperature when heating.*
Minimum Heat Mode
- Sets room temperature to 50°F, keeping temperatures above freezing and reducing power consumption.
- 20 minutes of continuous operation at maximum airflow and maximum compressor speed. Rapid cooling and heating makes the room comfortable quickly.
- Thermostat setting automatically changes according to the temperature to avoid unnecessary cooling and heating.
- Keeps room cool enough for comfort by using a relaxed thermostat setting reducing power consumption.
- Following a power failure, systems will automatically restart in the same operating mode as before, once power has been restored.
ENERGY STAR® Qualified
- Qualified products and practices help you save money and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy.
Apple Catechin Filter (polyphenol ingredient from apples)
- Dust, mold spores and microorganisms are absorbed onto the filter by static electricity and growth is inhibited and deactivated. 3 - 12 month life expectancy, depending on environment.
Ion Deodorizing Filter
- Deodorizes by decomposing absorbed odors using the oxidizing and reducing effects of ions generated by fine ceramic particles. 3 year life expectancy. Wash to restore surface action.
- Automatically adjusts the temperature while you sleep to make you more comfortable.
- This digital timer allows selection of one of four options:ON, OFF, ON → OFF or OFF → ON.
24 Hour Timer
- Allows for one on/off cycle during a 24 hour period.
- Allows you to set on/off time twice a day and a different on/off time by day.
- Allows for moisture removal in low load conditions of up to 50% of rated moisture removal capacity.
Energy Saving Program (ESP)
- If a space is left without turning the unit off, ESP knows that it is unoccupied and 20 minutes later, temperature is adjusted accordingly until users return to the room. Function is disable in multi-zone installations.
Quiet Mode (Indoor Unit)
- An extra quiet fan speed to make sure you are not disturbed.
Outdoor Unit Low Noise
- Limits compressor and fan speed during high speed operation for a 3 dB noise reduction.
- An additional louver that opens based on monitoring sensors to quickly enhance immediate comfort needs.
Low Ambient Cooling
- Can operate in cooling mode even when outdoor ambient is 0°F, 14°F or 32°F, depending on model, without modification. Operation outside of factory specification is not recommended.
- Indoor coil will warm prior to fan operating, preventing cold air during heating mode.
- Cassette body can be moved downward into the room 1-3/8” to accommodate limited ceiling space.
Remote Temperature Sensor
- Room temperature sensor is located in optional wired remote controller only.
Pump Down Operation
- Collects all refrigerant in system back into the outdoor unit when the unit is to be moved or before servicing the refrigerant circuit.
- Ability to connect up to 16 identical style indoor units to one wired remote.
High Ceiling Mode
- Temperature at the top of a high ceiling room may be warmer than the space occupied; this mode adjusts for this difference.
Branch Duct Capable
- Systems are capable of attaching field-supplied branch ducts providing up to 38% of the cooling up to 16 feet away.
Fresh Air Intake
- Outside air can be introduced by attaching field supplied flexible duct to fresh air knockouts.
Base Pan Heater
- Prevents condensate from freezing on the outdoor unit.
Third Party Device Control
- Turns system on or off using a normally closed circuit. Interface with third party devices such as home automation.